Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Come on in.......

This is our Thatched Cottage built in 1711, we have lived here for 9 years, we are down a
little lane (a bohereen is what us Irish call a little lane) .



I love peonies these were from my garden in June. It is something I look forward to every year.




The living room in Apple blossom Barn.



My little Isabelle in the snug.





The thatched cottage windows have changed colour again from french grey to Pantry blue

am I a bit fickle?








This is a little bit of my home, there is always something to do, and I always seem to have a to do list as long as my arm. But you know those days when the sun is streaming in through the windows and a smell of baking is in the air or in the evening when the kids are tucked away in bed the wood burning stove is chugging along, all the tea lights are glowing, glass of cold prosecco is waiting yum yum ,thats when I love my home not when I have just walked on another tiny bit of Lego Ouch or a tiny dog has amnesia and piddled, though house trained, but those are the things that make a home as well.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cottage! I wish there were thatched roofed cottages here in So. Cal. :)
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marcia

    Thank you for your lovely comment, I would trade my thatched roof for your lovely climate

    Best wishes

    Denise

    ReplyDelete